Thanks for checking out Let's talk...Memory Books!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest which gives you limited browsing options, why don't you take 37 seconds and Sign up. Once you do you'll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of membership like
  • Ability to interact with other Let's talk...Memory Books members
  • Create new discussions
  • Reply to existing discussions
  • Modify your profile to have a custom avatar, signature and more!
  • Too many membership perks to list! Join today for free!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. this is just a test for the message system
    Dismiss Notice

Would you use.....?

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Lynne, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Hi all,

Would you use either of these features that I will be able to add to the forums in the near future?

1) The ability to save messages, private messages and threads in "draft" mode? It would mean if you were writing a long message and got called away or didn't have time to finish it you could do so later without (hopefully) losing what you've already typed.

2) Would you like to be able to post via E-mail like the Yahoo groups do? This is another feature that will be possible in the near future. Maybe you know people that use Yahoo groups that would join the forum if they could post messages via E-mail instead of having to come to the forum every time?

Let me know :)

2. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

Can't see either one as useful in this forum. The first is unnecessary and the second is redundant. With long messages (and I am not usually afflicted with logorrhea) just write them in Word (or any reasonable facsimile thereof), copy or cut and paste. I detest Yahoo groups e-mail message method, it was (and this is) fine before they fixed what wasn't broken - now it is an incomprehensible and mostly unusable mess! I've dropped out of all Yahoo groups because of the changes.

3. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Freda,

I think a lot of people detest the Yahoo groups and find them extremely confusing, myself included.

The reason for adding the ability to reply/post via Email is mainly for those that want to join a forum to get away from Yahoo groups but who still want the ability to post while on the run instead of having to log into a forum to do it.

Personally I prefer to actually show up and see what else is going on - horses for courses and all that I guess. :)

p.s. And no, verbose is certainly not something I would call you (g,d,r)
    :wall:

4. Tegan

Tegan
    Expand Collapse

Honestly, I rarely use drafts in my regular email programs and I'm not familiar with Yahoo groups, so I guess you could count me out on those. :)

5. Starmist

Starmist
    Expand Collapse

>> p.s. And no, verbose is certainly not something I would call you (g,d,r)<<

No, no, I belive "laconic" sorta fits, you'll have to imagine the bit of a Texas drawl.

6. Lynne

Lynne
    Expand Collapse
    Admin
    Staff Member

Yes!

:lam:

You missed!! (g)

7. Trishee

Trishee
    Expand Collapse

Like the First option... would not use the second option.

With a 2 year old, the ability to come back is always a good thing hehe.